“Sarah assisted on a film project I worked on when I was still new to digital editing. She was able to interface with both the sound and picture departments – a rarity in the digital world. She handled the workload and its inherent problems with efficiency, and patience – always with a good-nature and a sense of humor – a priceless value under stressful situations!”
—Esther Regalsen, Senior Sound Editor Cappy Productions
- You are a composer who needs a music editor (someone to create cue sheets with the hits, cuts, and timings; layout the score with proper cue notations; someone to conform the music for each cut; etc.)
- You have music, but aren’t sure how to make it fit with the visuals smoothly.
- You are creating a commercial, short film, video, or feature film and need someone to edit together all the audio stems.
- You need someone to find, license, and report music usage for your film/commercial.
- You have a live show with several acts and you want mood music to fill the down-time.
- You are running an event that needs background music, but for whatever reason a live band won’t work.
- I began my career by editing audio for books in 1999 (i.e. Molly Ivins‘s National Bestseller Shrub: The Short but Happy Political Life of George W. Bush)
- I then went on to work in sound and music editing on major feature films and documentaries (i.e. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, The Shipping News, Bud Greenspan‘s Stories of Honor and Glory).
- I also have done sound design for theater in New York (i.e. New York Innovative Theatre Award winner Burning the Old Man; Off-Off Broadway Review awards winner Suburbia, and was resident sound designer for Nicu’s Spoon Theater Company.
- I have recorded and edited music for legendary performers, producers, and composers (i.e. Mike Mainieri, Maurane, Peter Erskine, Dee Carstensen, composer John Frizzell for Shelter)
- I own my own studio and professional editing equipment.
- I majored in film scoring at Berklee College of Music.